Several new effective procedures have been developed for dealing with chipped and damaged teeth over the past few decades. These treatments can help to improve aesthetics and functionality without pulling the teeth. Porcelain veneers are the most popular treatment.
What is a porcelain veneer?
Dentists and patients alike love porcelain veneers. They are simple to place, versatile, and durable. The treatment involves bonding a thin, porcelain shell to the exterior of a damaged or stained tooth. With little effort they can dramatically improve the aesthetics of your smile.
This treatment is a favorite among dentists and their patients because:
- They look so natural that it is nearly impossible to tell they aren’t your real teeth.
- They are very resistant to stains.
- They give you a healthy, beautiful smile with no pain.
- They are easily repaired.
How durable is a porcelain veneer?
If you care for your veneers properly, they will last you a minimum of ten years. Once properly placed, you need to take care of them, and the rest of your teeth to preserve your new beautiful smile.
For your part, the following good habits should lengthen the life of your porcelain veneers:
- Do not use your veneers to cut or open things.
- If you grind or clench your teeth in you sleep, purchase a protective guard.
The dentists and staff at Cooper Dental are experienced and committed to placing your veneers with careful attention to detail.